Technology has and always will help MSPs get a very good set of results. The idea here is to try and implement all technologies the right way otherwise the entire outcome might not be as good as you expect it to be. With that in mind, there are many types of technologies that you can use if you want to get the best experience and results!
We would be talking on the technologies in phases and this would help you in getting an in detail understanding on the technologies and their capabilities of transformation with your day to day operations.
In this edition we will be discussing about the role of service ticket management tool in your operations and how can it enhance the customer experience.
Service ticket management
Every MSP needs customer service because it will help better connect with customers and it will also lead to outstanding results in the long run. A help desk ticketing system will help offer quite a lot of great benefits here. It will help automate the ticket creation process in case you have to deal with repetitive requests and it will even help with the common requests as well. Another thing to keep in mind here is that a good help desk ticketing system will help with other situations like routing, escalation, dynamic ticket assignment and many other similar features.
These are necessary if you want to put more attention into the way your support tickets are handled at all times. Trouble Ticket Management is a high profile requirement when it comes to Billing and CRM solutions from a service provider point of view. It is very important that all complaints registered via calls, IVRS, Web self-care or from Shop Outlets are properly tracked, assigned, monitored and closed and communication is given back to customer. Trouble Ticket Management is one function which decides the customer satisfaction to a major extent when it comes to problem resolution.
Major functions supported as part of Trouble Ticketing Module in combination with Field Force Automation are
- Generating trouble service requests, whenever necessary, and creation of work/Service orders
- Define rules for team wise service request assignment
- Mapping service request category with problem code and resolution codes to provide resolution for a service request.
- Escalating the trouble service requests/ service orders logged by an operational entity without the intervention of back office ensuring that no unresolved complaint goes unnoticed.
- Creating work orders automatically when certain issues like ‘installation’ or ‘disconnection’ are reported
- Setting a priority for the ticket so that the same can be taken care appropriately.
- Routing the tickets to the required personnel as part of field force automation module which works in combination with the Trouble Ticketing Module
- Configuration of escalation rules and delay rules (maximum time a personnel can hold the complaint without any action) after which the complaint gets escalated to the next level
- Leave Management Rules so as to assign the work to a different person in case the assignee is on leave.
- Notification to customers on the status of the problem via SMS and email.
- Ability to capture the resolution type, date of resolution and details on the resolution activity performed.
- Capturing technician call reports which will be used to close a service request and alerts can be sent to the customer on call closing.
- Printing updated Call Reports.
- Charges for the services rendered to resolve certain problems
- Displaying the list of service requests with status and history; this helps monitor the mean time to respond for a service request
- Displaying the status-wise number of service requests
Magnaquest’s system offers powerful Trouble Ticketing function in combination with field force automation module to provide a very effective problem recording and resolution mechanism that can track, monitor and close all requests that are raised through the system. The solution even has a mobile app (Field Assistant) available for the field agents to access the information online and be available in customer premise to resolve the issues live.